Thursday, November 17, 2011

Asha's feast

"look outside the door..." she rings me up and says.

so I go to the door, and there is a tote bag full


really full
of food.

On the containers are little heart-shaped notes, which I will share along with the beautiful feast my lovely friend Asha Grinnell left...



While I ate -- pure decadence to have raspberries and walnuts together in November, let's face it -- I barely simmered the soup.


It brought back happy memories of after-church get-togethers with a big group of friends... about 15 years ago. We used to eat their tomato bisque, hang out, and laugh and cry together. If Asha had catered for Larry's, everyone would have exclaimed on the beautiful texture and tang. Loved it.






With the soup, Asha had included a small box of mozzarella and tomato slices, drizzled with olive oil and herbs.


Of course, she packed a beautiful dessert... which I am about to inhale with my cup of peppermint "go to bed" tea. Asha, what a treasure you are... not only for this gift, but for many other kind acts of friendship to those who meet you - God bless and keep you. I'm off for some (tea, no milk) and honey, like a happy Bible character.





It doesn't get any better than this, does it? If you have the gift of artistic and delicious cooking, how I hope you a chance to bless someone, as Asha blessed me today! Thanks, m'dear.

-----------

Rating: 5/5 If you're eating beautiful food that tastes this good... PLUS you don't have to cook, it deserves the best rating possible.
Taste: good colors and flavors. I like the mix of mozza with a bite of salad, then a spoon of bisque. Of course, I can't wait for the baklava!
Calories: out of this world. Never mind.
Tea: Peppermint to finish.


No comments:

Post a Comment