W shaves 2/3 of a ripe pear into the bowl and I toss in:
- a big handful of pine nuts
- 2 sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. blueberry maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. champagne vinegar
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- flower pepper (Trader Joes)
- S. African smoke seasoning (TJ)
- seasoning salt (Lawrey's)
We're hungry so don't have a lot of time to prep a main course. We have leftover rice, which starts my nose twitching. I heat 2 tbsp. of oil and stir-fry:
- 2 c. cooked rice
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1 diced carrot
- a sprinkle of dried onion
- 1 teaspoon of finely chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp. of reduced sodium soy sauce.
Before the rice goes to the table, I stir in 1 tsp. sesame oil.
The salad and rice are quite yummy, especially with a few tiny pieces of smoked salmon on the side.
Taste: savory, sweet, and satisfying. A handful of fresh blueberries would have rocked the salad. The fried rice - very good but it occurs to me post-meal that I could have added 2 tsp. smoked black sesame seeds for color and texture.
Time to fix: 10-15 minutes
Tea: Jasmine green